Thursday, September 10, 2015

Car Crayons

Crayons

I saw a set of "homemade" transportation crayons on No Time for Flashcards. She melted old crayons and used a candy mold to make new ones. I was pretty eager to try it.I had a feeling that my tot would love them!
Photobucket
Here is what I did...
I went to the craft store in search of a candy mold, like the one Allison used. I could not find it. However, I found this pretzel race car mold.
It was only $1.99.
Photobucket
I set the oven for 275 degrees.
I began to peel the paper off of our old/broken crayons.
Photobucket
I put the crayons in muffin cups and put them in a muffin tin.Photobucket
I put the muffin tin in the oven and allowed the crayons to melt.
I poured the melted wax into the mold and let it sit for an hour.
Photobucket
I popped the crayons out of the mold and detached the back end
(the pretzel part).
Photobucket

Finally, it was time to color!



Yay,new crayons.

Photobucket






Yay! New crayons!

No comments:

Post a Comment